Quick and Easy Turkey with Egg Noodles
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 0 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen carrots
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion. Cook and stir until tender. Add green onions and carrots. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in flour, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir 1 minute.
- STIR in chicken broth. Increase heat to medium high; cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until carrots are tender and sauce is thickened.
- ADD turkey and peas. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes more. Serve immediately over hot egg noodles.
- TIP Boneless, skinless chicken breast pounded to 1⁄4-inch thickness can be substituted for the turkey.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 140mg, Sodium 900mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 8g), Protein 40g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 220%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 10%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.