Quick Saucy Cranberry Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (15.6 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Cranberry Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE bread mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl. Stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened. Sprinkle cranberries in prepared baking dish. Spoon and spread batter evenly over cranberries. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour boiling water evenly over batter.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until cake is golden brown and top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool at least 30 minutes.
- CUT cake into squares to serve. Invert squares onto individual dessert plates. Spoon additional sauce from pan over cake. Top with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1 tablespoon flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of recipe), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 60g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 38g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.