Raisins 'n Oats Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 1 dozen muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Smucker’s® Natural Orange Marmalade Fruit Spread, Apricot or Peach Preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 12 muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE brown sugar, oil, egg whites, buttermilk and applesauce in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Stir into liquid ingredients until just blended. Stir in raisins.
- FILL muffin cups almost full. Top each with 1 level measuring teaspoon marmalade or preserves. Stir into batter using tip of knife.
- MIX sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over each muffin.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 125mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.