Raspberry Almond Waffles
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 10 (6-inch) waffles
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Lakeside Raspberry Cranberry Preserves
- OR 2/3 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- 30 fresh red raspberries
- For Waffles: HEAT waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk for topping.
- WHISK eggs in large bowl until fluffy. Blend in remaining sweetened condensed milk, flour, water, oil, baking powder, salt and almond extract just until batter is smooth. Stir in chopped almonds.
- COAT waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Pour a scant 2/3 cup of batter onto center of hot waffle iron and close lid. Bake about 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming stops. Use a fork to remove waffle. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For Topping: BEAT cream in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add reserved 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Beat until smooth.
- SPREAD each waffle with 1 tablespoon preserves. Top with whipped cream, toasted almonds and fresh raspberries.
- TIP * To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from pan immediately to avoid over-browning.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 10 waffles), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 24g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.