- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 2 dozen brownies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup butter
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- SPRAY 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Melt butter and chocolate in a large, heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- MIX flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add to chocolate mixture and whisk to blend. Stir in nuts. Pour two cups batter into prepared pan. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spread preserves over brownie batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter over preserves. Let stand 20 minutes at room temperature to thaw bottom layer.
- BAKE brownies until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool. Cut brownies into squares. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie of 24), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.