Raspberry Cream Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 3 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam, divided
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Line bottoms of three 9-inch round cake pans with waxed paper. Coat with baking spray with flour. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- SPREAD evenly in prepared pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT cream in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until slightly thickened. Add powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat on high speed until sift peaks form.
- LEVEL cake layers as necessary. Place one cake layer on cake plate, top side down. Spread with 1/2 cup raspberry jam. Top with another cake layer, top side down. Spread with remaining raspberry jam. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with whipped cream. Arrange raspberries around bottom edge of cake to make a circular border. Garnish top of cake with remaining raspberries. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.