Raspberry Crisp Bars
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 20 bars
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves, or any flavor of your choice
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT 1/2 cup shortening and powdered sugar in mixing bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in 1 cup flour until mixture is just crumbly. Press into bottom of ungreased 8x8-inch square baking pan.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is set but not browned. Place on cooling rack.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl. Mix well. Cut in 1/4 cup shortening with a fork until mixture forms even crumbs. Add egg yolk and vanilla. Mix well. Spread preserves evenly over crust. Sprinkle topping evenly over preserves.
- BAKE 30 minutes or until topping is golden. Place on cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 20), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 5mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.