Raspberry Fudge Torte
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 270 min
- Yield: 12 to 14 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch round or heart-shaped cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT cake mix, sour cream, water, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl on low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Wrap and freeze one cake layer for a later use. Make ganache while cake is cooling.
- COMBINE chocolate and 1/2 cup heavy cream in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Refrigerate 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until cold, stirring occasionally.
- BEAT chilled mixture with spoon or electric mixer until thick and creamy and of desired spreading consistency.
- PLACE strainer over small saucepan. Pour raspberries into strainer. Press raspberries through strainer with back of spoon to remove seeds; discard seeds. Stir sugar and cornstarch into raspberries until smooth.
- COOK over low heat until mixture is bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Place wax paper or plastic wrap over surface of mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled. Fold in whipped cream.
- PLACE cake layer, top side down, on serving plate. Spread with a thin layer of ganache. Top with raspberry cream, spreading to within 1/2-inch of edge. Frost sides of torte with about half of the ganache. Pipe remaining ganache around top edge. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of torte), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 29g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.