Raspberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pie
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 300 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 double crust recipe Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh red raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- Whipped cream
- Additional fresh raspberries
- Additional finely chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- PREPARE pie crust dough according to recipe directions. Shape dough into one large ball. Flatten into 1/2-inch thick disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 14-inch circle. Transfer dough to 9 1/2-inch deep dish pie plate. Fold edges under. Flute dough as desired. Thoroughly pierce bottom and sides of unbaked pie crust with fork. Bake 10 minutes.
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in 1 1/4 cups sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended. Blend in cream and vanilla. Pour into hot pie crust. Reduce over temperature to 325°F. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is just set in center. Cool completely on wire rack. Chill.
- CRUSH raspberries in small saucepan. Stir in water, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch and jalepenos until cornstarch is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until mixture has thickened. Cool to room temperature. Spread over top of pie. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and a sprinkling of finely chopped jalapeno, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 900 (Calories from Fat 500), Total Fat 55g (Saturated Fat 25g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 165mg, Sodium 590mg, Total Carbohydrate 93g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 60g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.