Raspberry-Laced Vanilla Cake
- Prep Time: 55 min
- Cook Time: 23 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Smucker's® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam, divided (1 cup)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
RASPBERRY CREAM FROSTING
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (2 lb.) package powdered sugar (7 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Syrup
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or wax paper circle. Coat with no-stick cooking spray. Stir flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until blended. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until thoroughly blended. Divide evenly in prepared pans.
- BAKE 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Frosting: BEAT butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar and syrup, beating until well blended.
- CUT each cake horizontally to make two layers. Place one layer, cut side up, on serving plate. Spread with 1/3 cup jam. Top with second cake layer, cut side down. Spread with 1/2 cup raspberry cream frosting. Repeat layers twice, using remaining cake and jam and 1 cup remaining frosting. Frost sides and top of cake as desired with remaining frosting. Chill cake to set frosting. Allow cake to stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries, if desired.
- TIP High Altitude (above 3500 feet): Heat oven to 375°F. Decrease butter in cake batter to 1 cup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 1220 (Calories from Fat 500), Total Fat 56g (Saturated Fat 35g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 215mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 162g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 130g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.