Raspberry Linzer Rounds
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- OR 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- BEAT sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add egg and almond extract, beating until well blended. Combine flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Wrap each one with plastic wrap. Freeze 30 minutes or refrigerate 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Roll 1 quarter of dough between 2 sheets of floured wax paper to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper. Cut with a floured 2-inch round scalloped cutter. Cut centers out of half of the cookies with a 3/4-inch cutter. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon jam on bottom side of each whole cookie. Sprinkle tops of center cut-out cookies with powdered sugar. Place on top of cookies with jam.
- TIP If dough gets too soft while cutting, place in freezer for 10 minutes. Cookie dough cuts easier when chilled.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.