Red, White And Blueberry Trifle
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 195 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 (4.6 oz.) package vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 pints (4 cups) blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 3 tbsps., divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice plus 2 tbsps., divided
- 1 pint (2 cups) raspberries
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- COMBINE pudding mix and milk in medium saucepan. Prepare as directed on package. Cover; refrigerate until cool while preparing fruit.
- RESERVE 1/2 cup blueberries for garnish. Combine remaining 3 1/2 cups blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice in medium nonmetal bowl; stir to mix, crushing berries slightly. Set aside.
- RESERVE 1/2 cup raspberries for garnish. Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups raspberries, 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons orange juice in separate medium nonmetal bowl; stir to mix, crushing berries slightly. Set aside.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg whites. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- BAKE 32 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- CUT cakes in half horizontally to make 4 layers. Place 1 layer in bottom of clear 2 1/2 quart soufflé dish or glass trifle bowl, trimming sides of cake to fit if necessary. Spread with half of crushed blueberry mixture; top with 1/3 pudding. Top with second cake layer, trimmed if necessary, all of the crushed raspberry mixture and 1/3 pudding. Top with third cake layer, trimmed if necessary, remaining crushed blueberry mixture and remaining pudding. Top with fourth cake layer. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- BEAT cream in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add powdered sugar; beating until stiff peaks form. Top trifle with whipped cream. Sprinkle with reserved blueberries and raspberries. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (Above 3500 ft.):
- SEE cake mix package for directions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 68g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 48g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.