Rhubarb, Apple and Pineapple Pie
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peeled, cored, chopped McIntosh apple, (about 1/3 pound or 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions, leaving overhang. Do not bake.
- ROLL remaining dough; cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch strips for lattice top. Chill strips.
- HEAT oven to 450°F.
- COMBINE sugar, flour and salt in small bowl. Place apple in large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Add rhubarb, pineapple and sugar mixture. Toss to coat. Spoon filling into unbaked pie crust. Drizzle with honey. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- WEAVE strips of dough over filling to form lattice crust, extending ends of strips beyond edge of bottom crust. Trim ends of strips even with outer edge of bottom crust. Lift edge of bottom crust; fold over ends of strips. Crimp edge.
- PLACE pie in oven. IMMEDIATELY REDUCE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 350°F. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 38g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.