Rhubarb Brunch Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 90 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Whipped cream or powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray with flour. Prepare cake batter according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Pour into prepared pan.
- TOP batter evenly with rhubarb. Sprinkle with sugar. Pour cream over top.
- BAKE 75 to 90 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with dollop of whipped cream or dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/4 cup flour to dry cake mix. Increase water to 1 1/4 cups. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 130mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.