- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- OR 20 ounces frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 serving size) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 or 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out bottom crust and place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Heat oven to 425°F.
- COMBINE rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar and water in large saucepan. Bring to a bowl. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rhubarb is almost tender.
- COMBINE remaining 1/2 cup sugar, gelatin, cornstarch and cinnamon in small bowl. Stir into rhubarb mixture. Boil 1 minute. Add food coloring, if desired. Spoon into prepared pie crust. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 30 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 35g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.