Roast Pork Loin with Dried Fruit
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 130 min
- Ready Time: 160 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (2 1/2 lb.) boneless pork loin roll
- 3/4 cup mixed dried fruit (apricots, prunes, peaches, apples), coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- UNTIE roast. Arrange dried fruit in center. Re-tie roast securely with string.
- PLACE oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown meat well on all sides. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add water. Cover and cook slowly for 2 hours or until meat is tender. If necessary, add water during cooking. Remove meat and place on heated platter. Keep warm.
- POUR drippings into a measuring cup. Return 3/4 cup drippings into Dutch oven. Blend in flour; cook until bubbly. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens and boils. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- SLICE pork; serve with gravy.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 36g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.