Rocky Road Bars
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/3 cup PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening and unsweetened chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power). Stir after 1 minute. Repeat at 1 minute intervals until mixture can be stirred until smooth. Stir in granulated sugar. Stir in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Gradually stir into chocolate mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 minutes, or until set.
- BEGIN preparing topping during last 5 minutes of the bake time for cake. Combine shortening and unsweetened chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power). Stir after 1 minute. Repeat for 1 minute intervals until mixture can be stirred until smooth.
- TRANSFER to bowl of electric mixer. Add evaporated milk and granulated sugar. Beat at low speed until well blended. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- SPRINKLE marshmallows over hot cake layer. Pour prepared chocolate topping over marshmallows. Drop peanut butter by teaspoonfuls on top of hot chocolate topping. Swirl together using tip of knife. Cover pan immediately with foil. Cool in pan on cooling rack. Cut into 2 x 1 1/2-inch bars.
- TIP If topping becomes too firm to pour, reheat on low.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 36), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.