Rolled Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 130 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Sugar or decorator frosting
- COMBINE 1 cup sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and egg in large bowl; blend well. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. On lightly floured surface, roll out 1/3 of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Keep remaining dough refrigerated. Cut with floured cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- BAKE 5 to 9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely. Frost with frosting, then decorate as desired.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- INCREASE flour to 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.