Salmon Fillets with Cucumber Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 35 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 salmon fillets, 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 large egg yolk, slightly beaten
- HEAT oven to broil setting. Place salmon steaks on broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4-inches from heat 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning over once. Make sauce while salmon is broiling.
- HEAT oil in small saucepan. Add cucumber and celery. Cook and stir over moderate heat until crisp-tender. Add onion. Cook and stir an additional 30 seconds. Stir in flour, bouillon granules and pepper. Blend in half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly.
- BLEND small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk. Add back to hot mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Serve with salmon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 28g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.