Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups finely chopped peanuts
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, if desired.
- BEAT cookie mix, flour, peanut butter, butter, 2 egg yolks, water and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until soft dough is formed.
- WHISK 2 egg whites until foamy. Shape dough into 60, 1-inch balls. Dip into egg whites, then roll in peanuts. Place on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
- BAKE 12 minutes. Remake rounded indentations in cookies. Fill each with scant 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle each caramel center with a small pinch of coarse salt. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.