Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups finely chopped peanuts
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, if desired.
- BEAT cookie mix, flour, peanut butter, butter, 2 egg yolks, water and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until soft dough is formed.
- WHISK 2 egg whites until foamy. Shape dough into 60, 1-inch balls. Dip into egg whites, then roll in peanuts. Place on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
- BAKE 12 minutes. Remake rounded indentations in cookies. Fill each with scant 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle each caramel center with a small pinch of coarse salt. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.