Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 package Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 egg whites, beaten until foamy
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, if desired.
- MIX cookie mix, flour, butter, egg and almond extract in large bowl until dough forms.
- SHAPE into 3/4-inch balls. Dip into egg whites to coat, then roll in pecans. Place on prepared baking sheet. Make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Reshape indentations in cookies. Fill with scant 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle caramel with a pinch of coarse salt. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.