Salted Caramel Whoopie Pies
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 18 whoopie pies
- 1 (18.4 oz.) box Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 6 tablespoons Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- HEAT oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- COMBINE brownie mix, oil and eggs in medium bowl. Beat 30 to 40 strokes. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT frosting, caramel topping, powdered sugar and salt in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Place half of pies flat side up. Spoon 2 tablespoons filling in center of each pie. Top with remaining pies, rounded side up. Press gently to spread filling.
- TIP Whoopie pies may be wrapped individually in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator for several days.
OTHER VARIATIONS ON PILLSBURY WEBSITE:
- Marshmallow Whoopie Pies
- Cafe Latte Whoopie Pies
- Maple-Bacon Whoopie Pies
- Raspberry Creme Whoopie Pies
- Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24 of recipe), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 40g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.