Salted Peanut Chews
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 95 min
- Yield: 36 bars
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 oz.) package peanut butter chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Combine all crust ingredients except marshmallows in large bowl at low speed until crumbly. Press firmly in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- COMBINE all topping ingredients except cereal and peanuts in large saucepan. Heat just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.