Salted Peanut Chews
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 95 min
- Yield: 36 bars
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 oz.) package peanut butter chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Combine all crust ingredients except marshmallows in large bowl at low speed until crumbly. Press firmly in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- COMBINE all topping ingredients except cereal and peanuts in large saucepan. Heat just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.