Santa Fe Sun Crisps
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen crisps
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds, crushed
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and water.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and red pepper in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended. Stir in oats with spoon.
- FORM rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Roll dough in sunflower seeds. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 crisp of 36), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.