Sausage and Mushroom Pizza
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 16 slices
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury® Hot Roll Mix
- 1 1/4 cups hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) jar pizza sauce (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, cooked, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, with stems removed, divided
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in hot water and 2 tablespoons olive oil until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 2 to 3 minutes until smooth, adding more flour as needed.
- COAT two 12-inch pizza pans with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough in half. Pat dough into prepared pans. Prick dough with fork. Cover with plastic wrap and towel. Let rise for 15 minutes.
- PLACE oven rack on lowest position. Heat oven to 425°F. Uncover dough. Brush with remaining oil. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Top each crust with half of the pizza sauce, half of the sausage and mushrooms and half of the cheese mixture. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until crust is a deep golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.