Savory Dinner Rolls
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 15-16 rolls
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed to handle dough
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in hot water, butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Heat oven to 375°F.
- COAT 13 x 9-inch or two 8-inch round pans with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough into 15 equal pieces for 13 x 9-inch pan and 16 equal pieces for round pans. Shape into balls. Place in prepared pans. Cover with plastic wrap* and towel. Let rise in warm place (80° to 90°F.) 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops of warm rolls with remaining melted butter.
- TIP TO MAKE AHEAD: Cover shaped dough loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let dough stand on counter until almost doubled in size. Bake as directed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 roll of 16), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.