Savory Fried Turkey Legs with Gravy
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 80 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 2 servings
- 4 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 turkey legs (about 1 to 1 1/4 pounds each)
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1 3/4 cups water
- COMBINE flour, salt, sage, marjoram, thyme and pepper in shallow dish. Remove 2 tablespoons seasoned flour; set aside. Coat turkey legs well with remaining flour.
- HEAT oil in a deep 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add coated turkey legs; cook 15 minutes, turning to brown well on all sides. Remove turkey from skillet.
- REMOVE all but 1/4 cup fat from skillet. Return turkey legs to skillet; add 1/4 cup water. Cook covered over low heat 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until fork-tender, turning several times.
- PLACE turkey legs on serving platter. Add reserved seasoned flour to remaining 1 1/2 cups water. Stir into hot drippings over medium-high heat. Continue to stir until boiling; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot gravy with turkey legs.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 turkey leg), Calories 710 (Calories from Fat 350), Total Fat 41g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 305mg, Sodium 1410mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g), Protein 72g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 40%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.