Seafood Lasagna with Capers
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 23 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons Crosse & Blackwell® Capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound small scallops
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat and add oil. Add onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking 1 minute.
- STIR in flour with a whisk, then gradually add half-and-half. When the sauce thickens, add Romano cheese and capers and stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper. Add scallops and shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off heat.
- SPOON about 2 to 3 tablespoons sauce into prepared pan. Cover bottom of pan with 4 noodles, placing them side by side. Spoon one third of sauce mixture over noodles. Layer 4 more noodles and 1/3 sauce mixture. Cover with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- BAKE 20 minutes, uncovered, until bubbly. Allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10 of recipe), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 880mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 26g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 35%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.