Seeded Buttermilk Rolls
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 1 dozen
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Wheat Blends Pancake Mix
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- OR 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sunflower kernels
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- COMBINE pancake mix and flour in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make well in center. Pour in buttermilk. Stir until just combined. Dough will be sticky. Place on lightly floured surface. Knead 4 to 5 times, adding small amounts of flour if needed.
- DROP dough with ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measure onto prepared pan. Combine sesame seeds, poppy seeds and sunflower kernels in small bowl. Whisk egg with water. Brush top of each bun with egg mixture. Sprinkle with seeds.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool completely on wire rack.
- TIP Use as a roll for hearty sandwiches or warm with butter and jam.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 roll of 12), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.