Sesame Crusted Apricot Pork Chops
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST® Whole Wheat Flour
- OR 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4 (1/2-inch thick) bone-in pork chops
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Simply Fruit® Apricot Spreadable Fruit
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- HEAT 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Combine whole wheat flour, panko bread crumbs, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in shallow dish. Brush pork chops with water. Coat both sides with flour mixture.
- PLACE pork chops in hot skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Turn pork chops. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature reads 145°F.
- COMBINE spreadable fruit and soy sauce in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Drizzle over pork chops just before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 560 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 135mg, Sodium 580mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 53g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.