- Prep Time: 70 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 84 sandwich cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- OR Pillsbury BEST® Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Smucker's® Seedless Black Raspberry Jam, or any Smucker's® Jam or Jelly of your choice
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift flour; set aside. Beat butter with electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy, about 5 minutes. Gradually add sugar and continue beating on high speed until very light and fluffy; the mixture should be almost white in color.
- BEAT in vanilla. Beat in flour in three additions, mixing until dough has come together, scraping down bowl once or twice.
- ROLL out on floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out cookies using 1 1/4-inch fluted-edge round cookie cutter (or cookie cutter of your choice). Transfer to prepared cookie sheet, spacing cookies 1 inch apart. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until edges just begin to turn very light golden brown (tops of cookies should remain as white as possible). Slide parchment onto cooling racks to cool cookies completely.
- SPREAD about 1/4 teaspoon jam on the bottom of a cookie and sandwich with another cookie.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 sandwich cookie), Calories 45 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.