- Prep Time: 90 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
HILL AND POND
- 3 pretzel sticks
- 1 package blueberry flavored gelatin
- Hot water
- Ice cubes
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- PREPARE and bake cake as directed on package, using water, oil and eggs. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool 20 minutes or until completely cooled. Freeze 1 cake layer for at least 30 minutes.
- BEAT frosting and marshmallow creme in medium bowl until smooth. Place room temperature cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Frost top of cake.
- PLACE frozen cake layer, rounded side up, on cutting board. To make pond in cake layer, use small sharp knife to cut out an irregular 6x4-inch oval-shaped hole, no closer than 1 1/2-inches from edge of cake. Remove oval piece of cake. Place frozen cake layer, rounded side up, on top of frosted cake layer. Frost sides and top of cake.
- FROST inside of pond heavily, being sure to seal completely. Cut oval cake piece in half lengthwise. Place 1 half on top of cake close to pond for sliding hill. Secure by inserting 3 pretzel sticks into hill. Frost hill. Save other half of oval cake for another use.
- PREPARE gelatin as directed on package for speed set, using hot water and ice cubes. Carefully spoon slightly thickened gelatin into pond to within 1/4-inch of top of cake. Refrigerate 2 hours or until gelatin is firmly set. Save remaining gelatin for another use. At this point, cake can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days before decorating.
- DECORATE cake as desired. Decorated cake can stand at room temperature for up to 4 hours before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 56g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.