Skillet Apple Pancake
Like a big pancake, this one-pan breakfast is brimming with cinnamon spiced apples.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 35 min
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored, sliced (about 4 cups sliced)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Lemon juice (optional)
- HEAT oven to 500°F.
- MELT shortening on low heat in heavy skillet. Add apples. Cook over medium heat until soft. Whisk eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt. Pour over apples in skillet. Continue to cook over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples.
- BAKE 8 to 9 minutes or until top is golden brown. Drizzle with lemon juice, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 160mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 25g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.