Skillet Roasted Chicken with Apple-Curry Sauce
- Prep Time: 12 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts and thighs (4 each), rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Spiced Apple Butter
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (0.87 to 1.2 oz.) package chicken gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup currants or golden raisins
- PLACE flour in a 1-gallon resealable food storage bag. Add chicken to flour, one piece at a time, shaking to coat with flour. Repeat with remaining chicken. Season chicken on all sides with salt and pepper.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cooking until well-browned on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet. Drain oil from pan.
- COMBINE apple butter, water, gravy mix, curry powder, garlic, cayenne, onion, apple and currants in medium bowl. Return chicken to pan skin side down. Pour apple-curry mixture over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover.
- COOK chicken 35 to 40 minutes, turning chicken skin side up halfway through cooking time. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F. and juices run clear when pricked with a fork. Place chicken on serving platter. Spoon apple-curry sauce over chicken.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10 of recipe), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 480mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 16g), Protein 25g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.