Slice and Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 260 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well. Add vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture; blend well. Stir in oats and walnuts.
- SHAPE dough into two 8-inch rolls. Wrap in waxed paper or clear plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 3 hours.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat cookie sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.