Slice and Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 7 dozen
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- BEAT shortening, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Blend well.
- DIVIDE dough into three equal parts. Shape each third into a roll 7-inches long and 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Sprinkle nuts in shallow baking pan. Roll dough in nuts, pressing lightly. Wrap rolls tightly in wax paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Remove to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.