Slices of Orange Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Orangesicle Orange Crème Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Orangesicle Orange Crème Flavored Frosting
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Orange sparkling sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- BEAT cake mix, water, oil and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed or until blended. Divide evenly into prepared baking cups.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- FROST cupcakes with orange frosting. Sprinkle tops with sparkling sugar. Place vanilla frosting into corner of resealable plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag. Make a circle outline on top of the cupcakes about 1/8-inch from the edge to allow for the "orange peel".
- DIVIDE circle in half with a line of frosting. Make 3 rounded triangle shapes in each half right next to each other to form "orange segments". Fill in any open areas between segments with white frosting. Make a small circle of frosting in the middle. Add a few "orange seeds" to the segments.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.