Smiley Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
FROSTING & DECORATION
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 5 to 6 teaspoons milk
- Peanut butter candy pieces
- Red licorice laces
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Stir in oats and coconut with spoon.
- SHAPE tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until very light brown and set. Flatten slightly with spatula to level tops. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
FROSTING & DECORATION
- COMBINE powdered sugar, shortening and milk in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at low speed until well blended and creamy. Spread thin layer on cookies. Decorate before frosting sets.
- MAKE faces on cookies by placing candy pieces for eyes. Cut licorice into short strips. Form into different shapes for mouths. Press into frosting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.