Smothered Country Steak
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 90 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3 pounds beef round steak, cut into 8 serving pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
- Hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16 oz.) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
- SEASON beef with salt and pepper. Coat with flour. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add meat. Brown well on both sides. Remove from skillet. Add onions, green pepper and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- ADD beef broth, ketchup and thyme. Season with hot pepper sauce. Stir well. Return meat to skillet. Cover. Simmer until meat is tender, about 1 to 1 1/4 hour.
- COMBINE cornstarch with 1/3 cup of cooking liquid in small bowl. Stir mixture into skillet. Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot noodles.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 800 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 180mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 75g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 14g), Protein 60g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 4%, Iron 45%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.