If you and your family like sugar cookies, you'll surely love our Snickerdoodles! You can roll the cookies in a cinnamon sugar mixture, or put the cinnamon in the cookie batter and roll cookies in colored sugar for a festive presentation.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- COMBINE 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, shortening, eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
- COMBINE remaining 1⁄4 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
- COLORED SUGAR SNICKERDOODLES: Add cinnamon to flour mixture in Step 3. Combine 3 tablespoons colored sugar and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar to use for coating instead of cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- TIP Cinnamon-sugar mixture can be put in resealable plastic food storage bag. Place 2 to 3 cookie dough balls at a time in bag. Seal. Shake to sugar-coat dough.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.