Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat an 9x5-inch loaf pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening and sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, bananas and sour cream. Beat until well blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until blended. Stir in nuts. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.