Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 300 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Lemon peel strips (optional)
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- PREPARE and bake single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; cool.
- WHISK together sugar, milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, cornstarch and lemon peel in a medium, heavy saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Cool at room temperature. When filling is cool, stir in sour cream.
- POUR filling into baked pie crust, smoothing top evenly. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and lemon peel strips, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.