Sour Cream Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup ground or very finely chopped pecans
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar and 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Refrigerate overnight or until firm enough to handle.
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar and pecans. Shape dough into 1 1⁄4-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until top is crackled and dull and cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.