South of the Border Chocolate Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (11.5 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Easy Frost™ Decadent Chocolate Fudge Flavored No-Fuss Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- COMBINE cake mix, ground chipotle pepper, water, oil and eggs in large bowl. Blend with electric mixer on medium speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chunks. Fill baking cups 2/3 full.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- FROST cupcakes by creating a tight zigzag of frosting across cupcakes using Easy Frost. Sprinkle lightly with chipotle chile powder, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 25g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.