Southern Blackberry Jam Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 15 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Smucker's® Seedless Blackberry Jam
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat tube pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray with flour.
- COMBINE butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in jam.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and nutmeg in medium bowl. Mix well. Add to batter alternately with buttermilk, stirring just enough to blend after each addition. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- BAKE 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
- MELT 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in milk. Blend in powdered sugar. Frost cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/15 of cake), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 48g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.