- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 5 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons anise seed
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Flour to roll out cookies
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- BEAT sugar and shortening in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup, vanilla, orange peel and anise seed. Beat until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- DIVIDE dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape each into a disk. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon flour on large sheet of wax paper. Place disk of dough on floured paper. Flatten slightly with hands. Turn dough over. Cover with another large sheet of wax paper. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper. Cut out with 2-inch floured cookie cutter. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- COMBINE sugar and cinnamon. Brush cookies with milk. Sprinkle cookies with sugar mixture.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are lightly set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.