Spice Cake with Caramel Cream
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
CARAMEL CREAM FILLING & TOPPING
- 1 quart heavy cream (4 cups)
- 1 (12.25 oz.) jar Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 3 (9-inch) round baking pans with baking spray. Whisk together evaporated milk, oil and vinegar in small bowl. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in medium bowl, stirring until blended.
- COMBINE butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- ADD flour mixture gradually, alternating with evaporated milk mixture. Stir in coconut and pecans. Divide batter into prepared pans, spreading evenly. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Caramel Cream: BEAT cream, caramel topping, vanilla and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Level cake layers, if necessary. Place one cake layer on cake plate, top side down. Spread with 1 1/2 cups caramel cream mixture. Top with another cake layer, top side down. Spread with 1 1/2 cups caramel cream. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining caramel cream. Sprinkle top edges of cake with pecans. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 680 (Calories from Fat 400), Total Fat 45g (Saturated Fat 24g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 155mg, Sodium 460mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 38g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.