Spiced Applesauce Pecan Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup water
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with baking spray. Beat sugar and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute or until well blended. Add eggs; beat 1 minute. Add applesauce; beat an additional 1 minute.
- STIR together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in medium bowl until blended. Toss 1 tablespoon flour mixture with pecans in small bowl. Gradually add remaining flour mixture and water to shortening mixture until blended. Stir in pecan mixture.
- BAKE 70 TO 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan. Place cake on serving plate. Cool completely.
- PLACE paper doily on cake top. Sift powdered sugar over doily. Remove doily carefully to leave sugar pattern.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 37g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.