Spiced Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg, vanilla, orange peel, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- COMBINE flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, nuts and coconut with spoon. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.