Spiced Cut-Out Cookies
- 1 package
- 1/3 stick
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup
- Sugar free decorator sprinkles or candy bits
- Step 1Heat oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2Combine cake mix and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until coarse crumbs form. Add cinnamon, ginger, cloves, water and egg, mixing on low speed until a smooth dough forms.
- Step 3Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out shapes with 2-inch cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Step 4Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Frost and decorate cookies as desired.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.